Thursday 20 September 2012

Message to Tim Loughton MP from WHS parent


Dear Mr Loughton,

You have described the Worthing High Academy Action Group as:
"a negative campaign by a small clique of anti academy activists, backed by militant trade unionists and others who are purely politically motivated with little or no direct interests in the school let alone the aspirations of its pupils."

Do you actually know who the individuals who make up this group are, or are you speaking from a position of blind prejudice?  I am a member of this group.  I have a daughter in Year 11 of the school and I am extremely concerned about the proposal to move it to Academy status, so that does indeed give me an "interest in the school and the aspirations of its pupils."  The last time I looked I was not being 'backed by militant trade unionists' either.  I know for a fact - and this is something which you could have found out for yourself, too - that many other WHAAG members are parents of current Worthing High pupils and have no particular political affiliation or bias.

Still, your disdain is clear and it's good to know how little you esteem your constituents. Your comments do you no credit at all.

Yours sincerely,
Linda McVeigh

No comments:

Post a Comment